Brompton M6L Folding Bike
Designed for commuting, travel and storage.
Enjoy the health benefits of cycling while saving time and money on your commute. Take your bike places without hassle, and never have to leave it locked up outside. Bromptons eliminate barriers to riding because they’re so easy to transport. A folded Brompton is about the size of a carry on suitcase—small enough to fit in cars and most airplane overhead bins, easy to take on public transit. All of this means you ride more. Biking is a great way to get to know a city, and the Brompton is hands down the easiest bike to travel with. Whether you want to do loaded touring or just have more fun on your commute, when you decide on a Brompton you gain the ultimate travel companion, one of the most compact, portable folding bikes there is.
The Brompton M6L
The M6L, our best selling Brompton, is the swiss army knife of Brompton bikes. It fits most people and can be used for all your daily riding needs. A Brompton M6L folding bike is equipped with M type handlebars, six gears and mudguards. The Brompton M type handlebar, our most popular handlebar type, offers a semi upright riding position and is most comfortable for folks under 6’. The M bar grip height measures 1015 mm or about 40 inches. This 6-speed Brompton combines the Brompton Wide Range (BWR) 3-speed internal hub with a 2-speed derailleur system for six gearing options, ideal for longer rides and challenging hill climbs. The 6-speed has two shifters: a two speed shifter on the left (same as the 2-speed bike) and a three speed shifter on the right (same as the 3-speed bike). It’s the recommended gearing setup for commuting or touring. Opt for -12% for even lower hill climbing gears. The Brompton M6L comes complete with an integrated bell and pump, and mudguards to keep your clothing clean and dry. Brompton’s ingenious pentaclip affords the saddle 4 inches of fore and aft adjustability allowing it to fit a range of riders. If you’re looking for the ultimate all-rounder, a folding bike for long rides and challenging inclines that’s easy to carry and can be stored almost anywhere, with a classic handlebar shape and tons of luggage options, then you’ll love the Brompton M6L.
Why Buy a Brompton?
- Folding is quick and easy: Because of its small folded size, you can take your Brompton on public transit. Seamlessly switch from bike to plane to train and back again.
- Brompton bikes go where you go: When you reach your destination, you can bring it inside. Bromptons are welcomed in most places and venues.
- They eliminate the need for costly car racks and extra travel fees: Bromptons can be transported in cars and most airplane overhead bins.
- They’re capable haulers: The optional Front Carrier Block makes carrying a snap. Ample luggage choices mean you can carry anything from a sandwich to a load of library books.
- They make great travel companions: Riding a bike is the best way to explore an unfamiliar place, and it’s easy with a Brompton. See more by combining biking with local public transit.
- Brompton’s superior fold saves you more space in your home or garage: Stow it under your bed or in a closet. Brompton is one of the most compact, portable folding bikes around.
- One Brompton fits every rider in your family: Adults and children 4’6” to 6’8” can ride the bike. A kids bike shouldn’t be a disposable commodity.
- Brompton frames are hand brazed to increase durability: Every bike comes with a five year warranty on the frame.
- They’re reliable: Brompton components are high quality. When folded, the drivetrain components are kept neatly out of the way, protecting both the drivetrain and your clothing.
- A Brompton bike is less likely to be stolen: Portability is a security feature. You can take your Brompton with you rather than leaving it locked up outside.
- They hold their value: Used Bromptons sell quickly and at barely discounted prices.