Brompton C Line Explore Folding Bike
Designed for commuting, travel and storage.
Shops, restaurants, planes, trains, and buses are just some of the places you can take a Brompton. A Brompton folds down to about the size of a carry-on bag, small enough to fit under a desk or restaurant table and easy to carry. It can be stored under a bed or in a closet, or tucked into a corner or cubby. Need to catch a ride? A folded Brompton fits in the back seat of a car. With a Brompton, you can combine biking with other transportation and enjoy the health benefits of cycling while saving time and money on your commute.
Brompton C Line Explore
The Brompton C Line Explore is a favorite among folks with hilly commutes. It combines a 3-speed internal hub with a 2-speed derailleur system for 6 gearing options, ideal for longer rides and challenging hill climbs. The C Line Explore has two shifters: a 2-speed shifter on the left (same as the 2-speed Brompton) and a 3-speed shifter on the right (same as the 3-speed Brompton). It’s the recommended gearing setup for commuting or touring. Opt for -12% for even lower hill climbing gears. The handlebars you choose will determine your riding position. Depending on how upright of a ride you want, choose sporty low, classic mid, or high (the most upright) handlebars. The Brompton C Line Explore comes complete with an integrated bell and pump, and mudguards to keep your clothing clean and dry. Brompton’s ingenious pentaclip affords the saddle 4 inches of fore and aft adjustability allowing it to fit a range of riders. If you’re looking for the most versatile Brompton, a folding bike for long rides and challenging inclines that’s easy to carry and can be stored almost anywhere, with tons of luggage options, you’ll love zipping around town on a Brompton C Line Explore.
Why Buy a Brompton?
- Folding is quick and easy: Because of its small folded size, you can take your Brompton on public transit. Seamlessly switch from bike to plane to train and back again.
- Brompton bikes go where you go: When you reach your destination, you can bring it inside. Bromptons are welcomed in most places and venues.
- They eliminate the need for costly car racks and extra travel fees: Bromptons can be transported in cars and most airplane overhead bins.
- They’re capable haulers: The optional Front Carrier Block makes carrying a snap. Ample luggage choices mean you can carry anything from a sandwich to a load of library books.
- They make great travel companions: Riding a bike is the best way to explore an unfamiliar place, and it’s easy with a Brompton. See more by combining biking with local public transit.
- Brompton’s superior fold saves you more space in your home or garage: Stow it under your bed or in a closet. Brompton is one of the most compact, portable folding bikes around.
- One Brompton fits every rider in your family: Adults and children 4’6” to 6’8” can ride the bike. A kids bike shouldn’t be a disposable commodity.
- Brompton frames are hand brazed to increase durability: Every bike comes with a five year warranty on the frame.
- They’re reliable: Brompton components are high quality. When folded, the drivetrain components are kept neatly out of the way, protecting both the drivetrain and your clothing.
- There's less of a chance of it being stolen: Portability is a security feature. You can take your Brompton with you rather than leaving it locked up outside.
- They hold their value: Used Bromptons sell quickly and at barely discounted prices.
Looking for the best Brompton?