Tern GSD S10 Electric Cargo Bike
Designed to carry up to two kids, the Tern GSD S10 does the work of a full size longtail without the footprint. It’s the same length as a regular bike, and you can store it vertically because the rack doubles as a sturdy stand. When standing on its end, it takes up the floor space of a potted plant, but doesn't require sunlight or watering. The handlebar folds neatly out of the way. Not only does the GSD S10 store small, it’s easy to transport. One or two will fit in the back of a small SUV or minivan.
You can carry up to 440 pounds including the bike, rider, cargo, and accessories, and you have the help of a powerful motor. Capable of up to 85 nM of torque and up to 400% support, the Bosch Cargo Line mid drive motor assists you up to 20 mph, making it easier to transport heavy loads, especially uphill. With the 500 Wh battery, you can get up to 65 miles on a single charge. An optional second battery will double the range. The GSD S10 has a strong and sturdy frame that is drilled to accept trailers from Weber, Burley, and Thule, and the rear rack has two Yepp Easyfit windows. Well-thought-out kid and cargo accessories (sold separately) make it even more useful.
Thanks to its unique geometry, the GSD S10 fits a wide range of riders comfortably. Specially designed rims and boost thru-axle hubs provide a rock solid foundation for hauling cargo. A suspension fork absorbs bumps in the road. Wide tires offer added cushion with the reliability of reinforced sidewalls and Schwalbe’s GreenGuard puncture protection. The reflective sidewall strip on the tires helps with visibility. Commuters will love the auto locking kickstand, cafe lock keyed the same as the battery, and upright riding position that allows them to see and be seen a little easier. A full chain guard protects the rider, passenger, and cargo from getting near the drive train, and an integrated wheel guard keeps passenger feet out of the spokes. The GSD S10 is suitable for adult passengers. We recommend the captain's chair with the cargo hold panniers in the rear position so you have ample room for feet up front with a passenger on board. (The captain's chair and panniers are sold separately.)
Specifications for: Tern GSD S10 Electric Cargo Bike
- Color Satin Black
- Frame Size One size fits most: 4’11” – 6’5”
- Gearing Type 1x Derailleur
- Number of Gears 10
- Gear Inches 26" - 99" (2.08 - 7.91 m)
- View all specifications
- Frame Aluminum
- Fork Material Suntour Suspension Fork, 70mm travel, thru-axle
- Weight 74 pounds
- Cargo Weight Capacity
- Cargo Area Dimensions
- Max Gross Weight Capacity 440 lb (includes bike, rider, cargo and accessories)
- Overall Bike Dimensions (Folded) 69.3" x 15.9" x 34.3"
- Suggested Rider Height 4'11"-6'5"
- Brakes Magura 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Wheel Size 20" (406 ETRTO)
- Tires F: Schwalbe Big Ben Plus, 55-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex R: Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex
- Saddle Tern GSD Velo with integrated handle for passenger
- Stem Andros adjustable
- Headset Integrated Cartridge
- Handlebar Tern Swept-back, Alloy
- Grips Ergon GP1
- Front Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Cargo-optimized design, sealed cartridge bearing
- Rear Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Syntace X-12 standard, Cargo-optimized design
- Rims Tern Atlas, ultra wide 36 mm, dual reinforced joint
- Motor Bosch Cargo Line with up to 85Nm of Torque
- Battery 400Wh, with second battery option for 900Wh
- Range 26-53 Miles
- Display Bosch Purion
- Shifters Shimano Deore thumb-shifter
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore
- Front Derailleur N/A
- Crankset Tern GSD custom, forged 6061-AL DH crankarm
- Cassette Shimano 11-36
- Bottom Bracket Bosch Integrated
- Pedals Grippy Platform, 9/16"
- Chain 10 spd, DHT for eBike, GST corrosion resistant coating
- Included Accessories Brass bell, full chain cover, Atlas double kickstand w/ remote unlock, Bosch battery powered lights: Tern Valo Direct, 190 lumens front, Always on brake light, Fenders with Integrated Wheel Guard, ABUS, keyed-alike with Bosch battery
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
You get a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We carry products we use and brands we love. Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we built a reputation for expertise and professionalism.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We have a knack for devising solutions. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.