Tern GSD S10 Electric Cargo Bike
Storing a cargo bike at home has never been easier. If you have space for a standing coat rack, then you have room to store the GSD S10. It’s the same length as a regular bike, and you can store it vertically because the rack doubles as a sturdy stand. The handlebar folds neatly out of the way. Not only does the GSD S10 store small, it’s easy to transport. One or two will fit in the back of a small SUV or minivan.
You can carry up to 440 pounds including the bike, rider, cargo, and accessories, and you have a powerful motor to help you. Capable of up to 85 nM of torque and up to 400% support, the Bosch Cargo Line mid drive motor, which assists you up to 20 mph, makes it easier to transport heavy loads, especially uphill. With the 400 Wh battery, you can get up to 53 miles on a single charge. An optional second battery will double the range. The GSD S10 has a strong and sturdy frame that is drilled to accept trailers from Weber, Burley, and Thule, and the rear rack has two Yepp Easyfit windows. Well-thought-out kid and cargo accessories (sold separately) make it even more useful.
Thanks to its unique geometry, the GSD S10 fits a wide range of riders comfortably. Specially designed rims and boost thru-axle hubs provide a rock solid foundation for hauling cargo. A suspension fork smoothes out bumps in the road. Wide tires offer added cushion with the reliability of reinforced sidewalls and Schwalbe’s GreenGuard puncture protection. The reflective sidewall strip on the tires helps with visibility. Commuters will love the integrated headlight, rear brake light, auto locking kickstand, cafe lock keyed the same as the battery, and upright riding position that allows them to see and be seen a little easier. A full chain guard protects the rider, passenger, and cargo from getting near the drive train, and an integrated wheel guard keeps little feet out of the spokes. The GSD S10 can even carry an adult passenger. We recommend the captain's chair with the cargo hold panniers in the rear position so you have ample room for feet up front with a passenger on board. (The captain's chair and panniers are sold separately.)
Specifications for: Tern GSD S10 Electric Cargo Bike
- Color Satin Black
- Frame Size 186 cm (Total Length)
- Gearing Type 1 x 10
- Number of Gears 1 x 10
- Gear Inches 26" - 99" (2.08 - 7.91 m)
- View all specifications
- Frame Tern GSD, 6061-AL, Patented MultiTruss Design, EFBE Tri-Test Approved: 200 kg
- Fork Material Suntour Custom for Tern, 1.5" Tapered Chromoly Steerer, 32 mm Stanchions, Thru-Axle, 70 mm Travel, EFBE Approved: 200 kg
- Weight 74.03 lb (33.58 kg)
- Cargo Weight Capacity
- Cargo Area Dimensions
- Max Gross Weight Capacity 440 lb (Includes Bike, Rider, Cargo, and Accessories)
- Overall Bike Dimensions (Folded) 69.3" x 15.9" x 32.7"
- Suggested Rider Height 4'11" - 6'5" (150 - 195 cm)
- Brakes Magura MT5, 4-Piston Hydraulic Disc, 180 mm Rotor, Sport Pads Brake Levers: Magura MT5 E-Stop, Hydraulic, With Brake Sensor
- Wheel Size 20"
- Tires Front: Schwalbe Big Ben Plus, 55-406, Green Guard Puncture Protection, Reflex Rear: Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard Puncture Protection, Reflex
- Saddle Tern GSD by Velo, With Rear Handle
- Stem Tern Andros, Adjustable, Forged Construction, Patented Technology
- Headset Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5", Angular Contact Bearings, Physis Integrated
- Handlebar Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros Adapted
- Grips Ergon
- Front Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Cargo-Optimized Design, Sealed Cartridge Bearing
- Rear Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Syntace X-12 Standard, Cargo-Optimized Design
- Rims Tern Atlas, Ultra Wide 36 mm, Dual Reinforced Joint
- Motor Bosch Cargo Line, 400% Assist, 85 Nm Torque, Max Speed 20 mph (US)
- Battery Single Battery: 400 Wh
- Range 400 Wh Battery: 26-53 mi (42-85 km)
- Display Bosch Purion, 4 Mode Selectable, Walk Assist
- Shifters Shimano Deore, 1 x 10 Speed
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore Shadow+
- Front Derailleur
- Crankset Tern GSD Custom, Forged 6061-AL DH Crankarm
- Cassette Shimano 11-36T, 10 Speed
- Bottom Bracket Motor Integrated
- Pedals Urban With Non-Slip Surface, Sealed Bearings
- Chain 10 Speed, DHT for Ebike, GST Corrosion Resistant Coating
- Included Accessories Bell, Chain Guard, Kickstand, Tern Valo Direct 190 Lumen Headlight, RearStop Brake Light, Wheel Guard, Fenders, Rack, Frame Lock
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
You get a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We carry products we use and brands we love. Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we built a reputation for expertise and professionalism.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We have a knack for devising solutions. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.