Public C8i Alfine Disc Step Through City Bike
The C8i Alfine Disc features the high-end Shimano Alfine 8-speed internal hub, which lets you change gears while stopped. Here at Clever Cycles, we’re big fans of internal gear hubs because they’re low maintenance. The gears are sealed in the rear hub, protected from dirt, water, and getting bumped. Shifting is quick and smooth with the rapid-fire trigger shifter. Hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power. Designed to be your daily transportation, the C8i comes with puncture resistant tires, strong double-walled rims, and other transportation-oriented features like fenders, a chainguard, and a kickstand. The step-though style frame makes it easy to get on and off the bike, and put a foot down when stopped. Add a front or rear rack to carry stuff! It’s a comfy bike with premium components that’s ready to be your everyday ride.
Small/medium fits most riders 4'10" - 5'5" and medium/large fits most riders 5'6" - 5'10"
- Small/Medium: 41 cm
- Medium/Large: 51 cm
Top Tube Length (Effective)
- Small/Medium: 56 cm
- Medium/Large: 58.5 cm
- Small/Medium: 26.5”
- Medium/Large: 30.7”
Specifications for: Public C8i Alfine Disc Step Through City Bike
- Color Rose Gold
- Frame Size Small/Medium: 41 cm, Medium/Large: 51 cm
- Wheel Size 700c
- Gearing Type 8-Speed Internal Hub
- Number of Gears 8
- View all specifications
- Gear Inches 27.9" - 85.6"
- Frame PUBLIC 4130 100% Chromoly Steel, With Fender and Rack Braze-Ons, Integrated Kickstand Bracket
- Fork Material PUBLIC 4130 100% Chromoly Steel Unicrown Disc Fork, With Fender and Rack Braze-Ons
- Weight 33 lb
- Maximum Rider Weight 242 lb
- Crankset Shimano Alfine S501 Crankset, 39T, 170 mm
- Bottom Bracket Cartridge JIS 119 mm
- Pedals Wellgo Alloy Platform Pedal, With Rubber Pads, 9/16" Axle
- Front Hub Brompton Alloy - 28 hole 74 mm OLN
- Rear Hub Shimano Alfine 8-Speed Internal Hub With Disc Mount
- Chain 3/32 inch
- Rims Painted to Match, Alloy Double Wall, 32H
- Seatpost Kalloy Alloy Micro-Adjust High Polish 27.2 mm x 350 mm Length, With Integrated Clamp
- Seat Clamp
- Headset 1 1/8" Threadless, Steel
- Stem High Polished Alloy, Threadless, +/- 10 Degree Rise, 25.4 Clamp (80 mm for S/M; 100 mm for M/L)
- Handlebar PUBLIC Brunch Handlebar, Alloy, 570 mm Wide
- Grips PUBLIC Slender Grip, With Alloy Clamps
- Shifters Shimano Alfine Rapidfire Trigger Shifters for 8-Speed Internal Hub
- Brake Levers 3-Finger Steel Levers
- Brakes Shimano MT-200 Hydraulic Disc Brake, Deore SM-RT86 160 mm Rotors
- Saddle PUBLIC Premium Comfort Saddle, 221 mm Wide, With Brass Rivets, Coil Springs, and Saddlebag Hooks
- Tires Kenda Kwest, 700x35c, 60TPI, Cream
- Included Accessories Fenders, Chainguard, Kickstand
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
You get a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We carry products we use and brands we love. Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we built a reputation for expertise and professionalism.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We have a knack for devising solutions. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.