6 speeds. Classic fold.
The most compact folding electric bike available. Its pedal assist feature makes it easier for you to travel longer distances, maintain a higher average speed, and ride up hills with ease, and it folds into a package that is portable and easy to carry.
The 300 Wh battery provides energy to maintain 15 mph with a range of between 25 to 50 miles depending on user output, assist level settings, and conditions of the ride, such as wind and hills. The integrated display shows the battery power level, and allows the user to select from three different power assist options. The battery (6.4 lb) separates with one click from the bike (30.2 lb) making it easy to carry.
The compact fold of the Brompton Electric C Line Explore allows you to store it safely inside your home or workplace, where there’s less chance of theft.
The handlebars you choose will determine your riding position. Depending on how upright of a ride you want, choose sporty low, classic mid, or high (the most upright) handlebars. There are also three different seatpost options depending on rider height.
The Brompton Electric C Line Explore comes with a 2A charger. Charge time is approximately 4.5 hours to get to full charge. Brompton's battery has a USB charging port (5V 1.5A) allowing easy top-ups of your cell phone.
The standard battery bag, also included, has a pocket to fit your essentials or your charger. There is an optional City bag available that has room for larger items like a laptop, as well as the power supply and other items. A fork-crown mounted headlamp and brake-mounted taillight are powered by the 300 Wh 36 V battery.
Lots of accessories are available from rear racks to upgraded grips and tires. Please contact us to discuss your dream eBrompton!
Specifications for: Brompton Electric C Line Explore Folding Electric Bike
- Size 22.2" x 23" x 10.6" (565 mm high x 585 mm wide x 270 mm long )
- Weight 33-35 pounds (39.4-41.4 pounds with battery)
- Main Frame, Front Frame, and Stem Precision drawn heat-treated steel tubing with hand brazing and selected auto-brazed joints
- Rear Frame Hand brazed cold-formed micro-alloy steel tubing
- Fork Reinforced Electric specific steel brazed fork
- View all specifications
- Handlebar Mid and High Handlebars - type triple butted (6061) aluminium handlebar with shot-peened finish
- Grips Lock-on grips with soft-compound rubber adhered to an engineered core
- Seatpost Chromoly steel tube
- Saddle Brompton saddle with integrated carry handle. Incorporates a mount for a Brompton rear light and saddle bag
- Seat Clamp Composite seat clamp and rear frame clip in matt black finish
- Chainset (6061) forged aluminium crank with 54T chainring and integrated chainguard
- Bottom Bracket Integrated sealed bearing BB with cadence and torque sensor
- Pedals Brompton Folding left hand and non-folding right-hand pedals
- Chain Pusher 2 speed chain pusher
- Chain Tensioner Designed to deal with the large variations in chain whilst being folded and unfolded.
- Shifter 2 and 3 speed Trigger shifters
- Hinge Clamps Composite hinge clamp levers and plates in a matt black finish
- Mudguards Mudguards with rubberized flap
- Headset Brompton headset
- Front Wheel 250W Brushless DC motor providing assistance up to 25 kmp/h
- Rear Wheel 28 spokes laced to a Brompton Wide ratio 3 speed internal gear hub combined with 2 speed external gears (13 and 16 tooth). Giving 6 usable gears and a 300% gear range
- Tires 349 x 35C Schwalbe Marathon Racer. A puncture resistant tyre with a reflective sidewall
- Tubes Schrader valve
- Lighting 40 Lux Busch & Müller AVY LED front lamp and rear lamp powered by the main battery
- Battery 300Wh 36V with LED display. Range 20-45 miles (30-70km). 5V 1.5A USB port to charge portable devices. 4-hour full charge using included 2A charger
- Luggage Essentials bag with 1.5L storage Optional: 20L City bag available separately
- Connectivity Brompton Electric iOS app available for download from Apple App store. Android app coming Autumn 2021
- Fast Charger Optional: 4A Charger with 2 hour charge time available separately
- Export Warning The Brompton Electric requires specialist service, which can only be performed at a Brompton Electric retailer that has been trained. As a result, the warranty is only applicable in the nation where the product was purchased. Please Brompton's store
- Pump Brompton pump with flexible hose compatible with Schrader and Presta Valves
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
You get a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We carry products we use and brands we love. Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we built a reputation for expertise and professionalism.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We have a knack for devising solutions. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.