Tern GSD S10 (Gen 1) Electric Cargo Bike
The Tern GSD S10 easily carries two kids, a week's worth of groceries, or up to 400 pounds including rider. It’s designed to be shared by a family and adjusts to fit in seconds. With room for two Thule Yepp Maxi child seats, plus grocery space to spare, the GSD S10 is a cargo bike with a city bike footprint—enormously useful, surprisingly small. It’s got room for six Ortlieb bags (four on the rear rack and two on the front). A bit of careful packing lets you bring a full touring load, together with a little passenger. That means two GSDs let a family of four tour the world, no bike trailer required. The low step-thru frame makes getting on and off much safer, and with an extra low center of gravity, the GSD S10 is stable and steady. Cargo bikes are most useful in cities, but they’re also harder to manage and store. Not the GSD S10. It's designed to fit small elevators, so you can keep it indoors. The rack lets the bike stand vertically, for compact and stable storage.
Why Buy a Tern Electric Bike?
With electric drivetrains, 20-inch wheel bikes ride just as fast as 700c wheel bikes. That means riders can enjoy all the benefits of small wheels—compact size, low center of gravity, quick acceleration, maneuverable handling, and plenty of cargo space—without the drawbacks.
Please note that bags are not included.
Specifications for: Tern GSD S10 (Gen 1) Electric Cargo Bike
- Color Orange, Beetle Blue, Matte Silver Blue
- Frame Size One Size
- Gearing Type 1 x 10
- Number of Gears 1 x 10
- Gear Inches 29" - 95"
- View all specifications
- Frame Tern GSD, 7005 - AL, Patented MultiTruss Design
- Fork Material Tern GSD, 1.5" Taper, Boost Thru-Axle, 110 mm, 7005-AL
- Weight 59.66 lb w/o Panniers, w/o Foot Pegs
- Cargo Weight Capacity
- Cargo Area Dimensions
- Max Gross Weight Capacity 400 lb (Includes Bike, Rider, Cargo and Accessories)
- Overall Bike Dimensions (Folded) 68” x 15.9” x 32.7”
- Suggested Rider Height 4'11" - 6'5"
- Brakes Magura MT5, 4-Piston Hydraulic Disc, 180 mm Rotor
- Wheel Size 20"
- Tires Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard Puncture Protection, Reflex
- Saddle Tern GSD, W/ Rear Handle
- Stem Tern Andros (G2), Adjustable, Forged Construction, Patented Technology
- Headset Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5", Angular Contact Bearings, Physis Integrated
- Handlebar Tern Sweep, 27 Degrees, 6061-AL, Tern Andros Adapted
- Grips Ergon GC10, for Swept Bar
- Front Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle
- Rear Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Syntace X-12 Standard, eBike Reinforced Design
- Rims Tern Atlas, Ultra - Wide 36 mm, Dual Reinforced Joint
- Motor Bosch Performance, 36 V/250 W; Max Speed 20 mph (US)
- Battery Single Battery: 400 Wh
- Range 400 Wh Battery: 31 - 68 mi
- Display Bosch Purion, 4 Mode Selectable, Walk Assist
- Shifters Shimano Deore, 1 x 10 Spd
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore Shadow+
- Front Derailleur
- Crankset Tern GSD Custom, Forged 6061 - AL DH Crankarm
- Cassette Shimano 11 - 36T, 10 Spd
- Bottom Bracket Motor Integrated
- Pedals Urban w/ Non-Slip Surface, Sealed Bearings
- Chain 10 Spd, DHT for Ebike, GST Corrosion Resistant Coating
- Included Accessories Aluminum Bell, SKS Chainblade Chainguard, Heavy-Duty Double Kickstand 176 lb Capacity, Luggage Socket, Tern Valo Integrated 41 Lux/150 Lumens Front Light, Herrmans H-Trace Integrated Rear Light For eBike, SpashGuard Fenders w/ Stainless Hardware, Rack
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
You get a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We carry products we use and brands we love. Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we built a reputation for expertise and professionalism.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We have a knack for devising solutions. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.