Tern GSD S00 Electric Cargo Bike
The Tern GSD S00 easily carries two kids, a week's worth of groceries, or up to 400 pounds including rider. It’s designed to be shared by a family and adjusts to fit mom, dad or the kids in seconds. With room for two Thule Yepp Maxi child seats, plus grocery space to spare, the GSD S00 is a cargo bike with a city bike footprint—enormously useful, surprisingly small. It’s got room for six Ortlieb bags (four on the rear rack and two on the front). A bit of careful packing lets you bring a full touring load, together with a little passenger. That means two GSDs let a family of four tour the world, no bike trailer required. The low step-thru frame makes getting on and off much safer, and with an extra low center of gravity, the GSD S00 is stable and steady. Cargo bikes are most useful in cities, but they’re also harder to manage and store. Not the GSD S00. It's designed to fit small elevators, so you can keep it indoors. The rack lets the bike stand vertically, for compact and stable storage.
Why Buy a Tern Electric Bike?
With electric drivetrains, 20-inch wheel bikes ride just as fast as 700c wheel bikes. That means riders can enjoy all the benefits of small wheels—compact size, low center of gravity, quick acceleration, maneuverable handling, and plenty of cargo space—without the drawbacks.
Specifications for: Tern GSD S00 Electric Cargo Bike
- Color Mango
- Frame Size One Size
- Gearing Type Enviolo Cargo Groupset
- Number of Gears Continuously Variable 380% gear range
- Gear Inches 26" - 99"
- View all specifications
- Frame Tern GSD, 7005-AL Patented MultiTruss Design
- Fork Material Tern GSD, 1.5" Taper, Boost Thru - Axle, 110 mm, 7005-AL
- Weight 71.5 lbs
- Cargo Weight Capacity
- Cargo Area Dimensions
- Max Gross Weight Capacity  lbs. (Includes Bike, Rider, Cargo and Accessories)
- Overall Bike Dimensions (Folded) 68” x 15.9” x 32.7”
- Suggested Rider Height 4'11" - 6'5"
- Brakes Magura MT5, 4-Piston Hydraulic Disc, 180 mm Rotor
- Wheel Size 20"
- Tires Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard Puncture Protection, Reflex
- Saddle Tern GSD, with Rear Handle
- Stem Tern Andros (G2), Adjustable, Forged Construction, Patented Technology
- Headset Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5", Angular Contact Bearings, Physis Integrated
- Handlebar Tern Sweep, 27 Degrees, 6061-AL, Tern Andros Adapted
- Grips Ergon GC10, for Swept Bar
- Front Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Sealed Cartridge Bearing
- Rear Hub Enviolo Cargo Groupset, 380% Continuously Variable Gear Range, Boost Thru Axle
- Rims Tern Atlas, Ultra Wide 36mm, Dual Reinforced Joint
- Motor Bosch Performance CX, 36 V/250 W; Max Speed 20 MPH (US)
- Battery Bosch Dual Battery System, 500 Wh or 1000 Wh
- Range 500 Wh: 32 - 62 mi; 1000 Wh: 62 - 125 mi
- Display Bosch Purion, 4 Mode Selectable, Walk Assist
- Shifters Enviolo CA, Twist
- Rear Derailleur N/A
- Front Derailleur
- Crankset Tern GSD Custom, Forged 6061 - AL DH Crankarm
- Cassette Sprocket 20 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket Motor Integrated
- Pedals Urban With Non-Slip Surface, Sealed Bearings
- Chain KMC For eBike, EPT Corrosion Resistant Coating
- Included Accessories Aluminum Bell, SKS Chainblade Chainguard, Heavy-Duty Double Kickstand, Cargo Mount Luggage Socket, Tern Valo Integrated 41 Lux/150 Lumens Front Light, Herrmans H-Trace Integrated Rear Light For eBike, SpashGuard Fenders with Stainless Hardware, ABUS 5650L
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we’ve built a reputation for expertise and professionalism. We provide a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We use and love the products we sell.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.