roll: AR:1 Adventure Road Step-Through City Bike
A bike that performs far beyond its class. Designed to tackle longer gravel and multi-surface rides, the AR:1 is built for explorers and all day adventures. Equally at home in town or country, the AR:1 is beautifully designed and can be fully outfitted with racks, luggage and accessories to take you around the block or across the country.
At the heart of the AR:1 is the same proven 6061 double butted aluminum frame and supple hydro-formed aluminum fork roll: uses on their A:1. They've combined their custom short reach drop handle bar, with a 0 degree set back seat post to shift the rider forward into an efficient, comfortable, all day long riding position. The streamlined frame provides lateral stiffness for exceptional power transfer, combined with vertical compliance for a remarkably comfortable ride. The AR:1 is designed and engineered for the long haul in every detail, incorporating internally routed cables with end to end housing for clean, consistent and low service shifting and braking.
SRAM Apex 10-speed shifter and brake levers take care of shifting and braking duties, offering sequential gear changes as terrain changes. Disc brakes are standard and offer performance far beyond traditional rim brakes. roll: uses superior sealed bearings throughout, for longevity and resilience. Perfect for long climbs and full days in the saddle.
Specifications for: roll: AR:1 Adventure Road Step-Through City Bike
- Frame Light Weight, Double Butted 6061 Aluminum, with Internal Cable Routing
- Frame Style Step-Through
- Fork Hydro-Formed 6061 Aluminum Disc Specific with Alloy Steerer Tube
- Number of Gears 10
- Headset VP Alloy Semi Integrated with Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- View all specifications
- Rims 700c or 650b 32 Hole Double Wall Anodized Alloy
- Front Hub Polished Aluminum Disc, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, Bolt-on QR Skewers
- Rear Hub Polished Aluminum Disc, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, Bolt-on QR Skewers
- Spokes Stainless Steel 14g Spokes with Stainless Steel Nipples
- Tires 700x40mm Kenda K1152 Flintridge Dual Tread
- Brakes Tektro MD-M300, Mechanical Disc Brake with 160mm TR-1 Rotors
- Brake Levers SRAM S-500 Left Brake Lever
- Rear Derailleur SRAM X5 10 Speed 1x10 Long Cage
- Cassette SRAM PG-1030 10 Speed 11-36 PowerGlide II
- Crankset Forged 6061 Aluminum Polished Crank Arms and 34 Tooth Machined Alloy, 3/32' Chainring with Alloy Chain Guard
- Chain KMC X10-93 10 Speed, Silver
- Bottom Bracket Alloy Shell with Sealed Cartridge Bearings, Square Taper Steel Axle
- Pedals Nylon Platform with Sealed Bearings
- Saddle Men's / Women's Road Saddle with Steel Rails
- Seat Post Aluminum Alloy 30.9mm Diameter with 0mm Offset
- Stem 3D Forged Aluminum Alloy, +/- 7 Degree Rise
- Handlebar 6061 Aluminum AR:1 Adventure Road Bar, 440mm Wide, 5.0° Sweep
- Bar Tape EVA Vibration-Damping Foam Tape
- Weight Approximately 23lb Based on a Size 2 Frame and Fork
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we’ve built a reputation for expertise and professionalism. We provide a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We use and love the products we sell.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.