Brompton S3L Folding Bike
Designed for commuting, travel and storage.
Enjoy the health benefits of cycling while saving time and money on your commute. Take your bike places without hassle, and never have to leave it locked up outside. Bromptons eliminate barriers to riding because they’re so easy to transport. A folded Brompton is about the size of a carry on suitcase—small enough to fit in cars and most airplane overhead bins, easy to take on public transit. All of this means you ride more. Biking is a great way to get to know a city, and the Brompton is hands down the easiest bike to travel with. Whether you want to do loaded touring or just have more fun on your commute, when you decide on a Brompton you gain the ultimate travel companion, one of the most compact, portable folding bikes there is.
The Brompton S3L
The Brompton S3L features a robust, enclosed gear hub, the Brompton Standard Range (BSR), an updated classic Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub in an alloy shell. The fully enclosed gear hub makes Brompton's S3L a low-maintenance multi-speed choice, perfect for everyday riding. The S3L is equipped with S type handlebars, three gears and mudguards. The Brompton S type handlebar, the lightest of Brompton's four handlebar options, is lower than the other types and positions the body further forward, appealing to riders for its aerodynamic riding position similar to that of a mountain bike. The S bar is the preferred choice for a fast, sporty ride and provides optimal comfort for riders under 5’5” and a more aggressive fit for taller riders. The S bar grip height measures 935 mm or about 37 inches, and the stem is 50 mm or about 2 inches further forward than the M bar. The three gear setup provides you with an easy gear for riding uphill, a medium gear for cruising and a high gear for going fast. Gear shifting goes on inside a fully enclosed, alloy shell, and because the gears are sealed inside an internal hub, they’re easy to maintain and free from problems caused by dirt, grime and rain. Also, because they’re protected inside the hub housing, they can’t be knocked out of alignment. The rear internal hub adds one extra pound to the bike. The Brompton S3L comes complete with an integrated bell and pump, and mudguards to keep your clothing clean and dry.
Why Buy a Brompton?
- Folding is quick and easy: Because of its small folded size, you can take your Brompton on public transit. Seamlessly switch from bike to plane to train and back again.
- Brompton bikes go where you go: When you reach your destination, you can bring it inside. Bromptons are welcomed in most places and venues.
- They eliminate the need for costly car racks and extra travel fees: Bromptons can be transported in cars and most airplane overhead bins.
- They’re capable haulers: The optional Front Carrier Block makes carrying a snap. Ample luggage choices mean you can carry anything from a sandwich to a load of library books.
- They make great travel companions: Riding a bike is the best way to explore an unfamiliar place, and it’s easy with a Brompton. See more by combining biking with local public transit.
- Brompton’s superior fold saves you more space in your home or garage: Stow it under your bed or in a closet. Brompton is one of the most compact, portable folding bikes around.
- One Brompton fits every rider in your family: Adults and children 4’6” to 6’8” can ride the bike. A kids bike shouldn’t be a disposable commodity.
- Brompton frames are hand brazed to increase durability: Every bike comes with a five year warranty on the frame.
- They’re reliable: Brompton components are high quality. When folded, the drivetrain components are kept neatly out of the way, protecting both the drivetrain and your clothing.
- A Brompton bike is less likely to be stolen: Portability is a security feature. You can take your Brompton with you rather than leaving it locked up outside.
- They hold their value: Used Bromptons sell quickly and at barely discounted prices.