Brompton P Line Urban Folding Bike
With a titanium rear frame and front fork, the Brompton P Line Urban folding bike weighs nearly 3.5 lb less than its all-steel counterpart, so it’s even easier to lift and carry around. Brompton designed it to be easy to roll and steer through tight spaces, with its large and light rolling wheels. Its dual-locking seat post system has two positions, fully down for storing or halfway up for rolling. Its 4-speed gear system is fine-tuned for city riding, with a similar gear ratio to the 3-speed without the weight. It’s built to withstand decades of use in the city, with shock-absorbing suspension and Brompton’s lightest, sturdiest wheelset.
The bicycle comes stock with Schwalbe Racer tires and no Front Carrier Block.
Photo shows optional upgrades: Schwalbe One tires and Front Carrier Block which can be selected from the drop-down menus.
Designed for commuting, travel and storage.
Bromptons fold small enough to bring with you. Shops, cafes, trains, and buses are just some of the places you can take them. They have all the features of a regular sized bike while fitting under a desk or restaurant table. A folded Brompton fits in a car, no rack required, and can be stored in a small space.
Specifications for: Brompton P Line Urban Folding Bike
- Folded Size 25.3'' (H) x 23'' (W) x 10.6'' (D) or 565 mm (H) x 585 mm (W) x 270 mm (D)
- Weight About 21 lb (low handlebar, reflectors, Schwalbe One tires, no front carrier block)
- Main Frame, Front Frame, and Stem Precision drawn heat-treated steel tubing with hand brazing and selected auto-brazed joints
- Rear Frame Titanium with a replaceable hanger, suspension block and 54 mm roller wheels
- Fork Superlight Titanium fork with a threaded headset
- View all specifications
- Handlebar Mid and High Handlebars -type triple butted (6061) aluminum handlebar with shot-peened finish Low Handlebars (7050T74) aluminum handlebar with solution heat-treatment and shot-peened finish
- Grips Superlight lock-on grips with precision ground lightweight foam adhered to ultrathin engineered core weighing just 42 g per pair
- Seatpost Chromoly steel 31.8
- Saddle Superlight saddle with chromoly rails. Includes Advance Pentaclip which can flip to fit Carbon Oval saddle rails.
- Seat Clamp Machined aluminium seat clamp and rear frame clip in anodized matte black finish
- Chainset (6061) forged aluminum crank 130 BCD
- Bottom Bracket Square taper bottom bracket
- Pedals Brompton Folding left hand and non-folding right-hand pedals
- Derailleur Patent-pending direct mount 4 speed derailleur
- Sprockets 11-13-15-18 tooth
- Chain Tensioner Advance chain tensioner with replaceable hanger mounting
- Shifter 4 speed right hand trigger shifter
- Chain Hollow pin 10 speed chain
- Headset 1 1/8 Threaded Black Aluminum Headset
- Hinge Clamps Machined aluminum hinge clamp levers and plates anodized matte black finish
- Brakes Dual pivot brake calipers
- Mudguards Integrated full-coverage plastic fenders
- Front Wheel Superlight front wheel - Lightweight rim, double-butted spokes and aluminum hub body with sealed bearings and hex key axle
- Rear Wheel Superlight 4 speed rear wheel - Lightweight rim, double-butted spokes and aluminium hub body with sealed bearings, 4 speed freehub body and hex key axle
- Tubes Presta valve, 16x 1 3/8
- Shipping Box Dimensions 27 inches x 24 inches x 13 inches
- Suggested Rider Height 4’7" to 6’8"
- Folding Time < 1 minute
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
You get a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We carry products we use and brands we love. Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we built a reputation for expertise and professionalism.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We have a knack for devising solutions. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.