Brompton P Line Urban Folding Bike
Designed for commuting, travel and storage.
Bromptons fold small enough to bring with you. Shops, cafes, trains, and buses are just some of the places you can take them. They have all the features of a regular sized bike while fitting under a desk or restaurant table. A folded Brompton fits in a car, no rack required, and can be stored in a small space.
Brompton P Line Urban
With a titanium rear frame and front fork, the Brompton P Line Urban folding bike weighs nearly 3.5 lb less than its all-steel counterpart, so it’s even easier to lift and carry around. Brompton designed it to be easy to roll and steer through tight spaces, with its large and light rolling wheels and Superlight Saddle nose handle. Its dual-locking seat post system has two positions, fully down for storing or halfway up for rolling. Its 4-speed gear system is fine-tuned for city riding, with a similar gear ratio to the 3-speed and 60% more than the 2-speed. It’s built to withstand decades of use in the city, with shock-absorbing suspension and Brompton’s lightest, sturdiest wheelset.
Specifications for: Brompton P Line Urban Folding Bike
- Folded Size 25.3'' (H) x 23'' (W) x 10.6'' (D) or 565 mm (H) x 585 mm (W) x 270 mm (D)
- Weight About 21 lb (low handlebar, reflectors, Schwalbe One tires, no front carrier block)
- Main Frame, Front Frame, and Stem Precision drawn heat-treated steel tubing with hand brazing and selected auto-brazed joints
- Rear Frame Superlight Advance rear frame made from Titanium with a replaceable hanger, redesigned suspension block and new 54 mm roller wheels
- Fork Superlight Titanium fork with a threaded headset
- View all specifications
- Handlebar "Mid and High Handlebars -type triple butted (6061) aluminium handlebar with shot-peened finish Low Handlebars (7050T74) aluminium handlebar with solution heat-treatment and shot-peened finish"
- Grips Superlight lock-on grips with precision ground lightweight foam adhered to ultrathin engineered core weighing just 42 g per pair
- Seatpost Chromoly steel tube
- Saddle Superlight saddle with chromoly rails, carbon reinforced base and lightweight padding. Includes integrated carry handle and light mount. Includes lightweight Superlight Pentaclip
- Seat Clamp Premium machined aluminium seat clamp and rear frame clip in anodised matt black finish
- Chainset (6061) forged aluminum crank
- Bottom Bracket Square taper bottom bracket
- Pedals Brompton Folding left hand and non-folding right-hand pedals
- Derailleur Patent-pending direct mount 4 speed derailleur
- Sprockets 11-13-15-18 tooth
- Chain Tensioner Advance chain tensioner with replaceable hanger mounting
- Shifter 4 speed trigger shifter
- Chain Hollow pin Superlight Advance Chain
- Headset Superlight headset
- Hinge Clamps Machined aluminium hinge clamp levers and plates anodised matt black finish
- Brakes Dual pivot brake calipers
- Mudguards New curved profile with updated mudguard flaps
- Front Wheel Superlight front wheel - Lightweight rim, double-butted spokes and aluminium hub body with sealed bearings and hex key axle
- Rear Wheel Superlight 4 speed rear wheel - Lightweight rim, double-butted spokes and aluminium hub body with sealed bearings, newly developed 4 speed freehub body and hex key axle
- Tubes Presta valve
- Shipping Box Dimensions 23 inches x 25 inches x 12 inches
- Suggested Rider Height 4’7" to 6’8"
- Folding Time < 1 minute
Why Buy From Clever Cycles?
You get a level of service you won’t find anywhere else. We carry products we use and brands we love. Awarded Best Urban Bike Shop in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, we built a reputation for expertise and professionalism.
We’re in our element when we’re helping folks meet their transportation needs through bicycling. We have a knack for devising solutions. We support bicycle advocacy, and we’re proud to be one of the most progressive bike shops in the country.