Brompton H2L Folding Bike
Designed for commuting, travel and storage.
Enjoy the health benefits of cycling while saving time and money on your commute. Take your bike places without hassle, and never have to leave it locked up outside. Bromptons eliminate barriers to riding because they’re so easy to transport. A folded Brompton is about the size of a carry on suitcase—small enough to fit in cars and most airplane overhead bins, easy to take on public transit. All of this means you ride more. Biking is a great way to get to know a city, and the Brompton is hands down the easiest bike to travel with. Whether you want to do loaded touring or just have more fun on your commute, when you decide on a Brompton you gain the ultimate travel companion, one of the most compact, portable folding bikes there is.
The Brompton H2L
The Brompton H2L is perfect for multimodal commuters who want a simple, efficient folding bike without the added cost and weight of more gears. A Brompton H2L folding bike is equipped with H type handlebars, two gears and mudguards. The Brompton H type handlebar offers the most upright riding position of the four handlebar types, and it’s recommended for taller riders seeking an upright ride. The H bar looks a lot like the M bar, but the stem is nearly 2.5 inches taller and 13 mm further forward, making it a better fit for riders over 6’. The H bar grip height measures 1072 mm or about 42 inches. This 2-speed has a gear for climbing and a gear for cruising. It’s ideal for mostly flat riding and has just enough gearing to climb the occasional hill. Opt for -7% or -12% gearing for even easier climbing. The Brompton H2L comes complete with an integrated bell and pump, and mudguards to keep your clothing clean and dry. Brompton’s ingenious pentaclip affords the saddle 4 inches of fore and aft adjustability allowing it to fit a range of riders. If you’re a taller rider who prefers a more upright ride, and you’re looking for a light and simple bike you can take with you wherever you go, then you’ll love the Brompton H2L. You might even say it’s the perfect city bike.
Why Buy a Brompton?
- Folding is quick and easy: Because of its small folded size, you can take your Brompton on public transit. Seamlessly switch from bike to plane to train and back again.
- Brompton bikes go where you go: When you reach your destination, you can bring it inside. Bromptons are welcomed in most places and venues.
- They eliminate the need for costly car racks and extra travel fees: Bromptons can be transported in cars and most airplane overhead bins.
- They’re capable haulers: The optional Front Carrier Block makes carrying a snap. Ample luggage choices mean you can carry anything from a sandwich to a load of library books.
- They make great travel companions: Riding a bike is the best way to explore an unfamiliar place, and it’s easy with a Brompton. See more by combining biking with local public transit.
- Brompton’s superior fold saves you more space in your home or garage: Stow it under your bed or in a closet. Brompton is one of the most compact, portable folding bikes around.
- One Brompton fits every rider in your family: Adults and children 4’6” to 6’8” can ride the bike. A kids bike shouldn’t be a disposable commodity.
- Brompton frames are hand brazed to increase durability: Every bike comes with a five year warranty on the frame.
- They’re reliable: Brompton components are high quality. When folded, the drivetrain components are kept neatly out of the way, protecting both the drivetrain and your clothing.
- A Brompton bike is less likely to be stolen: Portability is a security feature. You can take your Brompton with you rather than leaving it locked up outside.
- They hold their value: Used Bromptons sell quickly and at barely discounted prices.