Handmade in London
The Brompton folding bike was originally designed and built in London in 1975 by Andrew Ritchie in his flat in South Kensington. Now, more than 45 years later, Brompton produces over 45,000 bikes per year and is the UK’s largest bike manufacturer.
Each bike is hand brazed by skilled craftsman at Brompton's London factory. Each brazer is trained by Brompton for 18 months and has a ‘signature’ which they stamp on the parts of the bike that they work on.
We have been passionate riders of Brompton folding bikes since 2001, and dealers since 2007. We stock nearly a hundred Brompton bikes at a time in our Portland store. Use our custom Brompton tool to explore options and order your dream Brompton.
- Elegant, robust, tiny folded size fits interstitial life spaces, almost anywhere, even as carry-on luggage*
- Great for commuting, touring, errands, fun
- Adjust to fit wide range of people sizes and riding styles
- Hand brazed to order in London; over 1 million variations
- Proven tough enough for daily use for decades
*Check with your transportation carrier to confirm size regulations.